How to file a complaint against a police officer.

If you believe that you have been mistreated by a police officer, you have 3 ways to file a complaint.   Each method of complaint serves a different purpose and will likely have different results.   You do not need to choose among the 3 options.   You can file any or all of the following complaints:

You can file with the Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB):

For more information visit the CCRB Website

You can file with the Internal Affairs Bureau (IAB) of the NYC Police Department: